Monday, August 31, 2009

Jane

Finally finished reading Jane Eyre... can't say i liked it much. It was just too long and kept lagging on and on and on... But there were some parts of the book that i found interesting, for example,

"It is in vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquility: they must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it. "

Makes you think hehe... Maybe this is why i like to make stuff maybe this is why i constantly have to using my hands to create ... Then the passage goes on to say,

"it is narrow-minded...to say that [women] ought to confine themselves to making puddings and knitting stockings, to playing on the piano and embroidering bags."

AWW COME ON! i was just getting into Jane, and she's got to go and put down knitting stockings and embroidering bags! Okay okay, maybe i took some stuff out of context but when you're skimming a book only a few things pop out =D




YAY new earrings!! They're a bit different than my normal style, more dainty...

Here is the link for them -> http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30133679

Maybe i'm getting used to this =D

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty earrings! I love the blue background that you used for the photo, too :)

    -Juliann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to say, but I am not sure if I ever read the book Jane Eyre but I love the old black and white movie! Perhaps I should tackle the novel - you've inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete